Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Organic Way.

I love my job. 
being a nanny is so much fun.

from rushing out the door to make it to school on time, to folding our hands and bowing our heads to say our goodnight prayers and everything in between. 
The chaos.
The crumbs. 
The cute smiles. 

Recently as I was par oozing through the aisles of Whole Foods with one of my girls Presley (4) we were filling the cart with the family necessities. 
yogurt- check
milk- check
fruit- check
We quickly pass aisle by aisle crossing the items off our neatly, organized, categorized list. Prelsey is such a good help and loves to stand on her tippy toes and grab the milk and hand it to be proudly as she accomplished something a "little" girl couldn't do. 
We approached the meat counter and I glanced at out list to read "Organic Chicken Breasts (3)"
The gentleman asked me what I would like and I quickly told him "3 organic Chicken Breasts please" hoping that while Presley was pre-occupied I could quickly make my order without her wanting to order it herself. 
As I placed the chicken in our cart, Presley quickly squints her eyes my direction, grabs to meat out of the cart swiftly, asking "Brookie WAIT! IS THIS ORGANIC?!?!?"
I said of course Presley! Brookie knows what mommy likes! She was then comforted and held my hand as we took off to the checkout. 

Funny thing, as I thought about this, Presley knew that if the meat wasn't Organic that it would not be what mommy would want. That it would be "less" then what mom wanted. She had a look that almost said "that would do harm if it's not!" 
A lot of people settle for the processed, when they could have the Organic. 
What I mean is that even in my own live, I settle for finding my worth in males, or attention.. then the King of affection who is constantly pursuing me. That I lay awake at night and wait for that guy to text me, when I have a love letter from the God of the universe collecting dust on my shelf. 
That we go through life with a check list of accomplishments we hope to cross off (which isn't a bad thing) but that's all we live for. It is just the "processed" view of life. To be real, to be Organic, means to be free. If you think about it Processed foods are caged, filled with hormones, and fed the very cheapest of ways. When we go through life with out Christ, we are constantly going to be searching for some sort of fulfillment-- being caged. We settle for a life of a good job, nice cars, a house, 2.5 children, a dog named spot and that's all. God wants you, while you're living on this earth, this short life you have, to live a life of fulfillment. He wants the best for His children just like mommy wants for Presley. She knows that though she pays more, her return is knowing her children aren't being filled with things that could possibly do harm. Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice, so that His children could live a life of joy, and completeness in Him. Don't settle for the second best, God has sacrificed His best so you could live your best life! 


2 comments:

  1. How precious she is! I love how your mind went from organic chicken to the sacrifice of our older brother. Seriously. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete