Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My First Blog!

So I thought I should try this out and see what happens!

This blog serves as a purpose to post about my "nanny diaries," thoughts, devotions, some Jesus, some pics, something just fun! I hope you all enjoy and learn more about me as I blog about my crazy, amazing, adventurous, fun life!

For my first blog i thought i would write something that has been on my heart these past couple days.

"God loves you." I grew up a youth pastors kid followed by a dad in leadership in the church... the amount of times I heard that phrase is more than the number of Starbucks you have had in your life. I have always known that God loves me. Never a doubt in my mind. Been to countless Conferences on God's love, heard so many sermons on love. It was almost like i could predict what the preacher would say before he said it.Until that phrase became a reality in my life it was almost just words I knew in my head, but my heart never had a true encounter with the Love of God. I felt like I had to earn His love. The more "good" I did the more He loved me and the more I messed up His love would be less and less. That is the biggest lie and unfortunately is a main factor in why people fall away from God, or never even want to be involved in the first place. This battle was hard for me because as I sinned and messed up I felt like I was further and further away from Him.You know when you were younger and when you disobeyed your parents you got "the look?" My parents always had a look that would strike fear right to my very core when I knew I was caught in something i shouldn't be doing. That's how I felt about God. I felt like He would be angry and give me a "look" every time I sinned and fell short of His standards. The closer and closer I am getting to God, the more i realize He has a permanent smile towards me. His countenance is always joyful when He thinks of me. He sees Jesus when He thinks of me. His perfect son who took  my place. I no longer need to hang my head when I fall short but I can look up and know that He still loves me the same. That doesn't; however, give me the license to do whatever I want... but it makes me want to do what pleases Him because I know He is happy with me. This confidence keeps me going. This confidence is something worth living for. The fact that i have a God who is FOR me and loves me unconditionally. No matter what. What else do I need?! The verses I leave with you are ones that remind me of His perma-smile towards me! Never forget that He loves you and He is smiling from Heaven down on you! 

Your God is present among you. Happy to have your back, He'll calm you with His love and delight you with His songs. - Zephaniah 3:17

God is sheer mercy and grace; not easily angered, He's rich in love. He doesn't endlessly nag and scold, nor hold grudges forever. He doesn't treat us as our sins deserve, nor pay us back in full for our wrongs. As high as heaven is over earth so strong is His love to those who fear Him. And as far as the sunrise is from the sunset He has separated us from our sins. - Psalm 103:8-12 

7 comments:

  1. I love this post. I can relate with you about hearing "God loves you" or "Jesus loves you" throughout my whole childhood. It has been engraved in my mind and my heart. As I got older I realized not everyone grew up hearing such comforting words, which is sad. Those three little words can sometimes be ones that get me through the day!
    Welcome to the blogging world! I'm excited to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Carissa! and so so true! They are the most comforting 3 words, and as I grow older I see the same!

      Delete
  2. I love this! And you! Ps: your profile says you're a male.... you are definitely not a male...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love you nene! and thank you totally didn't notice lol

      Delete
  3. Yes, Brookie, Jesus sure loves you. We do too! You are such a blessing to our family, and we love having you with us! Stay you Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful post! Brooke, you never cease to show me how God is simply amazing even when we are stumbling. I love you and I'm excited to read more of this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete