Saturday, January 26, 2013

Screen Shot Moments


sweet vanilla chai in my cup
music playing 
people passing by in a rather busy coffee shop

laughter
chatter
hustle
bustle

Seems like the perfect setting to let my mind wander.
Thinking to myself:
"I am 23. OH MY GOODNESS."
where does time go?! It passes so quickly. I think of all the adventures, 
the up's the down's, the crazy moments, the God moments...

What sticks out to me is that at the root of all my life happenings, God has had His hand on me since day one. That there was no place I went that His spirit didn't go with me. Whether it was in a bar, in a coffee shop, in Seattle, in Canada, in San Diego, in Oklahoma, in my bedroom, in a hotel, in my kitchen while I was cooking a dinner for 1, moments with my best friends, time with my family. Everywhere. 
I can't say I acknowledged Him every place I went, but looking back I can see His caring, grace-filled, loving hand every place my feet walked.  

I glance back at photos and in an instant I am taken back to that very moment captured. 

Much like this God has really taught me that He keeps photos of every moment I have with Him. He keeps track of the moments I have cried to Him, the moments I have wept at His feet. The moments I have smiled and lifted my head in amazement of all He has done for me. The moments I was worried for a test and said a quick prayer. The moments I lead a small group and laughed with some amazing young girls. The moments I went to conferences to just be with Him. The time my parents got a divorce and I wanted to abandon Him. The times I rejoiced even in my suffering.  
He captures every moment. And He never forgets. He never forgets the time when you cried to Him instead of getting on the phone and venting to a friend. He never forgets the moments when He took your breath away and the sunset He painted for you. He has every moment almost like a scrapbook in Heaven. 
When I get there I hope there is not just a few pages and that was all my life was with Him. The rest were just me going to church on Sunday and that was all. I hope my life is moments with Him that i can look back and see how that moment took me to the next moment and deeper and deeper with Him. How I grew from faith to faith as He walked with me. I hope this scrapbook has an unseen member in our family photo one day. That in the comings and goings that God is always that unseen member. 

I hope as life moves on and moments are being created that you and I remember that God treasures the time you spend with Him. Not just on a Sunday morning (although those are vital of course) but the moments you can just be raw and real with your Creator. He takes note and takes a screen shot of the precious moments you spend with Him. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment