Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Power of Prayer

 head bowed

fingers inter-locked, 

heart open...

Here is where I find strength. 

There are many things in life that try and take you down. Bills, work, stress, relationships. So many things prying for our "Awe" and attention. The more I think about the power of prayer the more I realize I can go from "Panic to Peace" just by bending my knees. 

Some of the most raw, real relationships I've ever had have come with being so open and honest in prayer. Times I will never forget crying before God and asking for peace and strength to make it through. I think the biggest misconception about prayer is why should we? Does God really listen? What happens when nothing happens? 

“You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart…” Jeremiah 29:13

This verse brought me so much comfort in knowing that even though I don't have all the answers that I serve a God that I can just talk to (prayer) and He can bring me peace in the storms, and calm the anxieties of my soul. The essence of prayer is to become more like Jesus. That as we pray we begin to know Him, intimately. 

How beautiful is a heart that is surrendered to Him, and that admits we NEED His help! He is there in a second. The second we call on His name He is there. God WANTS to be apart of your everyday life. He wants to be involved in everything you are doing. The coming, the going, the up's, the down's, the overwhelming times, the heart aches, the tears, the joy, the laughter. He wants to be there. 


Run after God today. Surrender and seek Him, and see how He moves in your life! 
What can you thank God for? What are areas do you need His guidance and help in?

No comments:

Post a Comment